During the last ten years I started to work with artificial intelligence techniques, at the first time I learned how to represent knowledge so I used Machine Learning strategies, since I presented my project thesis I started to research in Knowledge Management from the social point of view, so I reviewed works like:
- Fritz Machlup, “The production and distribution of Knowledge in the United States” 1972
- Peter Druker, “The Post-Capitalist Society ”, 1993 
- Yoneji Masuda, “The Information Society as Post-Industrial Society”, 1981
- NONAKA Ikujiro, TAKEUCHI, Hirotaka “La organización creadora de conocimiento. Cómo las compañías japonesas crean la dinámica de la innovación”, 1999.
- Gibbons, Michael, Limoges, Camille;Nowotny, Helga; Schwartzman, Simon; Scott, Peter; Trow, Martin. “The new production of knowledge;The dynamics of science and research in contemporary societies”. 1994.
- Thomas Kuhn, “The Structure of Scientific Revolutions”, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1962 y 1969
As a result we published a video called “Ciudad del conocimiento o de la información”  and I presented several conferences related with subjects as Knowledge Based Economies , new paradigm: information vs. knowledge  and also we have several publications:
- E-commerce web-based application, semantic knowledge applied to small and medium business (SMBs), Javier Gramajo-López, Willy Peitzner Rosal, October 2009, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- ITC sector business incubator: Strategic plan, based on Israel´s success cases, תכנית ליישום אסטרטגיה עסקית מדגרה בתחום טכנולוגיות המידע והתקשורת, ניתוח מקרים של הצלחה בישראל, Javier Gramajo-López, Isaac Sultan Mejía, October 2009, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Sak´a Project: Web 2.0 and Semantic knowledge based learning assistant tool, Javier Gramajo-López, Luis Antonio Pusey Alvarado, Johan Steve Cristales Mendizábal, Cesar Andrés García Roldán, July 2009, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Transition of the third sector towards the knowledge management through ICTs: Strategic and operational planning, Javier Gramajo-López, María Wualeska Alvarez Bonilla, July 2009, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Logistics strategy through continuous improvement quality model-based for knowledge management processes implementation applied to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) using ICTs, Javier Gramajo-López, Salomón Herrera Acajabón, June 2009, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Ubiquity of collaborative learning, the technology as a tool for social semantic learning, Javier Gramajo-López, Huber Raúl Flores Macario, Nov 2008, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Interface offices for Industry, Academy and State applied to ICT sectors (Knowledge Based Economies), Javier Gramajo-López, Sergio Gerardo Cifuentes Girón, Mirna Ivonne Aldana Larrazabal , Ana Luisa Chutan Sosa Nov 2008, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Web-based indexing tool using a domain Ontology applied to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), Javier Gramajo-López, Juan Pablo Caballeros Torres, May 2008, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Organizational Semantic Knowledge Management tool applied to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), Javier Gramajo-López, Maria Elizabeth Aldana Diaz, April 2008, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Genetic algorithms applied to process of resources assignment, Javier Gramajo-López, Mildred Madaí Caballeros Morales, April 2008, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Economic activities and product domain Ontology applied to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), Javier Gramajo-López, David Armando Chang Ovando, July 2007, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
- Prediction using Genetic Algorithms, Javier Gramajo-López, Samuel David Orozco y Orozco, July 2007, Engineering Faculty, USAC.
The relationships between science, technology and the economy in the Americas, is an interesting subject of study. I have these possible ideas to develop:
Semantic knowledge model to understand the relations between:
- Capital, work and knowledge in Brazil and Latin America
- State, industry and academy in Brazil and Latin America.
- Science, technology and the economy Brazil and Latin America.
Knowledge-based economies in Brazil and Latin America:
- From information to knowledge in emerging economies.
- Knowledge management through ICTs applied to small and medium business (SMBs)
- Emerging economies and the capital relocation
As a current president of the Informatics and Information Technologies Commission (ITC sector), at the National Council of Science and Technology (CONCYT), and president of fundaTICs an R+D+i Association, in that position we proposed public policies and initiatives to promote the R+D+i work, the incorporation of researchers at universities and research institutes in Guatemala.
- Promote the creation of the legal framework for the use and application of ICTs, and Free Software at public institutions
- Promote the creation of the legal framework for the technology waste management and recycling
- Encouraging the dissemination of the legal framework of the newly adopted Law of electronic signature
- Promote the creation of the legal framework for incorporate and incentives to Guatemalan scientists at universities and research institutes
 NONAKA Ikujiro; TAKEUCHI, Hirotaka: La organización creadora de conocimiento. Cómo las compañías japonesas crean la dinámica de la innovación; Trad. Martín Hernández Kocka; México; Oxford University Press, 1999.